In an evolving time, FIU and New America have decided on an innovative virtual approach to the upcoming NICE Conference and Expo — the NICE Conference Series. The four-week virtual conference series will bring together thought leaders from industry, government, academia, and non-profit organizations to explore issues in cybersecurity education and workforce development. This event provides an opportunity to share best practices from around the world and across sectors in order to build the workforce we need to confront cybersecurity risks today and in years to come.
The conference series will take place one day per week during a four-week period. Each week will be dedicated to a different sub-theme.
- Tuesday, October 27 | 12 – 6 PM EST: Growing and Sustaining the NICE Community
- Thursday, November 5 | 12 – 6 PM EST: Transforming the Learning Ecosystem
- Monday, November 9 | 12 – 6 PM EST: Career Discovery
- Monday, November 16 | 12 – 4:45 PM EST: The Future Cybersecurity Workforce
A portion of this year’s registration will also be used to allow students to attend the conference at no cost:
The following conference workshops will also be available at an additional cost.
- Thursday, October 29 | 1:00 – 4:30 PM EST: Adopting the NICE Framework
- Friday, November 6 | 1:00 – 4:30 PM EST: Curriculum Development in an Online Environment
- Thursday, November 12 | 1:00 – 4:30 PM EST: Building Apprenticeships
- Tuesday, November 17 | 1:00 – 4:30 PM EST: Diversify: The Cybersecurity Survival Guide.