Advancing San Diego’s Career Exploration Day and Virtual Career Fair is back for a second year. On Thursday, November 18, this virtual industry event will bring together San Diego companies and students for a day of career exploration, professional development, company information sessions, networking and hiring! Open to students enrolled in local academic/training programs, the event welcomes those with diverse education backgrounds and majors to make valuable connections to San Diego companies and learn more about career opportunities in growing industries.
Career Exploration Day panels will feature industry professionals speaking about career paths, workplace changes and trends, and answering student questions about navigating the world of internships and entry-level jobs—available to stream on-demand for a full 24 hours.
Additionally, at TWO job fairs throughout the event, San Diego companies are invited to host a virtual recruitment booth where they can review resumes and interview/recruit students, right on the spot. The platform allows “booth hosts” to share digital collateral to showcase company culture and current job openings, communicate with students via a chat box, and conduct on-the-spot interviews via Zoom.
- 8:30am | Virtual Career Fair #1 – open to students of Preferred Providers
- 10:30am | Keynote
- 11:00am | Industry panel: Software and Cybersecurity sponsored by CCOE
- 12-3:00pm | Industry panels:
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Marketing and Operations
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- 3:00pm | Best practices panel: How to stand out in the hiring process
- 4:00pm | Virtual Career Fair #2 – open to all students
- 5:30pm | Event close