Why Cybersecurity for Small Businesses is More Necessary Now Than Ever Before
Posted November 15, 2020
- Nearly one-fifth of small businesses experienced either a hack, virus or data breach in 2019.
- It’s estimated that by the year 2021, businesses will become a victim to ransomware every 11 seconds, with cyberattacks costing them more than $6 trillion annually. However, severe financial consequences aren’t the only dangers involved; cyber-attacks can also lead to the loss of sensitive information, and can even lead to a business shutting down for good.
- There are a number of ways that small businesses can prevent a cyber attack, from implementing simple precautions or even hiring a specialized team to stay on top of the matter.
- Along with employing an IT specialist or team (should the budget allow for it), training employees on current cybersecurity dangers and precautions is a must, as it can ward off a number of issues (such as the aforementioned phishing scams).
- Installing security software, as well as investing in the right cybersecurity insurance can also be vital in protecting businesses in the event that an attack ever does happen.
– JW Jackie | November 15, 2020