Why a more secure organisation is a collective responsibility
Posted April 11, 2021
- With vast volumes of data moving to the cloud, many IT professionals are frequently challenged to protect their enterprise environment, and there is a greater focus being placed on advancing cybersecurity strategies.
- With the new work-from-home paradigm, the proliferation of data-driven applications, and the advancement of technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) in the enterprise, cyber-criminals are also using more advanced tools and sophisticated methods to attack organisations and breach privacy. User account takeover in Office 365 is the most effective way for an attacker to move laterally inside an organisation’s network.
- To better protect an organisation from inside and external threats, here are some best practice tips:
- Apply a mix of subject matter experts and technology
- Understand the threat landscape
- Prioritize and respond at scale
- Unless security investments are made into response capabilities, the attacker-responder gap will continue to grow. How quickly an entity responds to a breach and identifies the attacks quickly and effectively will determine who succeeds in this fast-changing time.
| April 11, 2021