- The warning comes after President Joe Biden signed a recent executive order to protect the federal government against cyberattacks and an announcement by the Department of Homeland Security concerning new cybersecurity requirements for pipeline companies. There are also provisions for beefing up the country’s cybersecurity in Biden’s American Jobs Plan.
- 5 Recommended Best Practices
- Backup your data, system images, and configurations, regularly test them, and keep the backups offline.
- Update and patch systems promptly
- Test your incident response plan
- Check your security team’s work
- Segment your networks
– Edward Segal | June 3, 2021