- Enterprises face an uphill battle when dealing with cybersecurity challenges. Hackers constantly evolve their malware and cyber-threat tactics, making it difficult to keep up with the threat landscape. Meanwhile, cybersecurity solutions can overwhelm IT security teams with their complexity and maintenance demands.
- A managed security service is a commitment that requires funding and resources. So when should you seek one out?
- When your IT security team is overwhelmed
- Sometimes you need to recognize that you won’t be filling the openings in your security team anytime soon. Sometimes you just don’t have the time to train new recruits or you may not find the right talent and personality to match the team.
- When your solutions confound you
- Some solutions pose different sets of challenges. For example, SIEM has maintenance and upkeep demands tied into its correlation rules; without regular adjustments and review, SIEM solutions can generate numerous false positives.
- For the intelligence
- They have independent lines of threat intelligence. They know the threat landscape better than anyone and can help prepare your business and its individual use case for what comes next.
– Ben Canner | April 28, 2021