- There’s another clever fraud tactic to add to your library of security threats. Imagine a call or voice message that appears to come from a trusted source but is really a disguised attempt to compromise your identity, credentials or financial information.
- More of a social engineering scheme than a vulnerability, “vishing” is a highly effective and targeted form of phishing that uses voice as a means to lure victims into disclosing private information.
- A recent data breach at the Ritz in London that evolved into vishing attacks on hotel guests demonstrates how conniving cybercriminals have become in this social engineering scam.
- Riding on the coattails of the first attacks, vishing hackers mount a nefarious second wave perfectly timed to hit victims where it already hurts.
– Emil Sayegh | September 30, 2020