VC firm Sequoia Capital suffers data breach, investor information stolen
Posted February 23, 2021
- Sequoia Capital, one of the most famous venture capital firms in Silicon Valley has suffered a data breach with investor information likely stolen.
- It’s believed that the attack vector was via an employee being phished. Whether malware or ransomware was involved in the data breach is not clear with Sequoia informing its investors of the breach on Friday, Feb. 19.
- The data potentially stolen is said to include personal and financial information.
- Privileged access continues to be a major challenge for organizations. “Privileged access is no longer just about domain admins and it is also important to consider business users who have access to sensitive data as privileged access,” said Joseph Carson, Thycotic Software Ltd.
– Duncan Riley | February 23, 2021