University Cancels Exams After Cyber-Attack
Posted May 10, 2021
- Final examinations at the oldest technological research university in America have been canceled following a cyber-attack.
- Much of the computer network of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) was forced to shut down after unauthorized access was detected on Friday. Student assessments, research, and other academic activities have been impacted.
- RPI did not share any further details of the incident such as what information may have been accessed.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, which has around 7,900 students, is a private university sited in the city of Troy, New York. Information Technology and Web Science are among the academic disciplines taught at the Institute.
– Sarah Coble | May 10, 2021