- We’re now seeing the first real signs of the fallout from that massive Toledo Public Schools’ data breach in October 2020.
- Parents say they’re being notified about accounts trying to be opened in their kids’ names.
- Here are some of the messages he’s received about his elementary schooler:
- The first one was for denial for a credit card.
- Another one happened when the child was denied for a car loan because it said the reason was because of his income ratio.
- One of the last ones was to have fixed electric rates.
- The family got a flier talking about the student’s Toledo Edison account and the gift card he could get by switching suppliers.
- Parents need to be vigilant about what notices or letters they get and act quickly to shut anything down.
– Shaun Hegarty | February 22, 2021