Think 3,2,1 to protect your business against ransomware
Posted August 17, 2020
- There are two major audiences that should be targeted from an education perspective: IT staff and organizational users. It’s important to target both groups as threats can be introduced from both personas.
- The main points of entry into a business for ransomware is through Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) or other remote access mechanisms, phishing and software updates.
- Put simply, in most cases cyber-attackers are not made to work as hard as they should to fetch big prizes.
- The 3-2-1 rule recommends that there should be at least three copies of important data, on at least two different types of media, with at least one of these copies being off-site.
– Sandeep Bhambure | August 17, 2020