- The recent announcement that the UK-based value airline EasyJet was hacked by a “highly sophisticated source” is a troubling example of continuous IT threats.
- The attack resulted in the loss of personal information of over 9 million customers.
- Businesses have become far too accustomed to massive security breaches, disregarding them like the common cold.
- Often, the remedy appears to be free credit monitoring for the affected. But the real threat is lost in that perception of safety and a healthy bounce-back.
– Emil Sayegh | June 24, 2020