- Data is eating the world and there are many indicators of its ubiquitous presence in our lives. From fueling the recent success of “artificial intelligence” (AI) and the rise of “digital transformation” to its accelerated growth due to Covid-19 to new approaches to its “monetization” (finding money in mining data, a growing practice since at least the 1970s) to how it makes businesses and consumers both anxious and animated, data dominates our deeds, debates, and dreams.
- 51% of CIOs and CTOs that report accelerating the adoption of machine learning and AI due to covid-19.
- 55% of American adults that are worried about government agencies tracking them through location data generated from their cellphones and other digital devices.
- 71% of small and medium-size businesses that do not have a formal plan/protocols in place to deal with any potential cyber-attacks.
– Gil Press | December 27, 2020