- A major forum that deals with stolen credit cards has been hacked and the details of almost 300,000 users stolen and published online.
- The forum, called Carding Mafia, operates on the regular internet and offers various forums discussing how to hack and steal credit cards, along with hacking tools, stolen credit numbers, bank account details and PayPal accounts.
- The stolen data was being advertised for free on another hacking forum Jan. 27, suggesting that the theft of user data dates back at least several months. Along with offering the details of 290,000 users, the ad also offers 660,000 posts and 130,000 threads in a database totaling 990 gigabytes.
- This is not the first time a hacking forum has itself been hacked. Stolen credentials forum OGUsers was hacked in May 2019 and then again in December, with user data stolen.
– Duncan Riley | March 29, 2021