Scripps Health Hit By Cyberattack
Posted May 2, 2021
- Scripps Health confirmed Sunday their technology servers were hacked overnight, forcing the health care system to switch to offline chart systems and causing a disruption to their patient portals.
- Some appointments were being canceled on Sunday and Monday as a result of the breach.
- “We are working on how best to notify these patients about the need to reschedule,” a statement from Scripps said.
- The San Diego County Office of Emergency Services (OES) said ambulances were being diverted from Scripps’ facilities to other hospitals in the area but that it was a precautionary measure.
– Christina Bravo | May 2, 2021