- Sangoma is a particular voice over IP software and hardware provider that is more popularly known for its open-source Free PBX phone system that reportedly allows the organization to create a cheaper corporate phone system on their own network.
- The Conti ransomware gang had published a significant 26 GB or more of the data on their own ransomware data leak site. This was the data that had been stolen from Sangoma during its more recent cyberattacks.
- The whole ransomware operation said to be behind this recent attack is more popularly known as Conti. They were first spotted in certain isolated attacks that took place during the end of December last 2019 with even more attacks that started to pick up in June of 2020.
- This particular ransomware shares its code with the known Ryuk Ransomware and is also known to be distributed by the cunning TrickBot trojan.
– Urian B. | December 27, 2020