Report: Iranian Hacking Group Launched Concentrated Attack on Israeli Companies
Posted October 18, 2020
- Cyber companies ClearSky Cyber Security and Profero Cyber Security reported Thursday some disturbing findings, detailing Iranian cyberattacks on Israeli companies.
- The Iranian hacker group, dubbed MuddyWater, used a relatively new tactic in order to penetrate the Israeli companies’ security systems.
- The hackers used a Shamoon-based malware that has been employed as a cyber weapon by Iranians for years. The most infamous attack was in 2012, when it wiped tens of thousands of computers’ data from the Saudi National Oil Company.
- Viruses such as Shamoon are characterized as “Wiper” malware, and are designed to erase data that is stored on a computer or computerized infrastructure.
– Raphael Kahan | October 18, 2020