- Scripps Health in San Diego was hit by a ransomware attack over the weekend, forcing the health system into EHR downtime.
- Monday appointments were also postponed due to the cyberattack, which disrupted operations at two of Scripps’ four main hospitals and backup servers that reside in Arizona.
- Reports say all four hospitals in Encinitas, La Jolla, San Diego, and Chula Vista were placed on emergency care diversion for stroke and heart attack patients, who were diverted to other medical centers when possible. All trauma patients were also diverted.
- The Scripps website was also down.
– Jessica Davis | May 3, 2021