- Reproductive Biology Associates (RBA) was the first organization of its kind to offer IVF in the US state of Georgia and is the founding partner of the nationwide fertility clinic network My Egg Bank.
- In a new breach notification, RBA claimed to have first become aware of a cyber-incident on April 16 this year, when it discovered that a file server containing embryology data had been encrypted.
- “We quickly determined that this was the result of a ransomware attack and shut down the affected server, thus terminating the actor’s access, within the same business day. Based on our investigation, we believe the actor first gained access to our system on April 7, 2021 and subsequently to a server containing protected health information on April 10, 2021.”
- 38,000 patients were exposed in the incident, with full names, addresses, Social Security numbers, lab results and “information related to the handling of human tissue” potentially impacted.
– Phil Muncaster | June 21, 2021