- Real estate firm ‘Long & Foster’ confirmed that the August ransomware incident resulted in a data breach.
- The exposed information includes full names, addresses, and “W-9” and “Form 1099” details.
- There are potentially some high-profile individuals among the compromised clients.
- Ransomware actors hit the company’s network on August 22, 2020, taking down the targeted systems, encrypting files, and locking access.
- The firm immediately contacted cybersecurity experts to help them remedy the situation and informed the FBI of the incident.
– Bill Toulas | December 2, 2020