Jones Day is hit by vendor data breach; hackers post files they claim were stolen from the law firm
Posted February 17, 2021
- A hacking group has posted files that it claims to be from Jones Day after the law firm was hit by a data breach at one of its vendors.
- Jones Day is the second law firm to acknowledge that it was affected by the hack of a file transfer vendor, Accellion.
- Former President Donald Trump is among Jones Day’s clients.
- A website linked to a hacker known as Clop has posted some documents said to be from Jones Day.
- Jones Day denied that its own network had been hacked and said the vendor hack was not a ransomware attack.
– Debra Cassens Weiss | February 17, 2021