Important Cybersecurity Lessons Learned During The Pandemic
Posted November 2, 2020
- Given the importance of the user domain in an IT infrastructure, at my company, we’ve maintained a reliable access control system internally during the pandemic that emphasizes training, segregation of duties and the principle of least privilege for all internal users and employees.
- Training is vital to ensure security in the user domain.
- Segregation of duties (also known as separation of duties) is an essential principle in cybersecurity that ensures that employees do not have access to systems that will lead to conflicts of interest, fraud or abuse.
- A secure user domain has helped strengthen the detective and preventive security measures that we also have in place at our organization. Another connection to the lesson touches on proactive cybersecurity measures like the importance of patch management.
– David Obasiolu | November 2, 2020