- IBM cybersecurity analysts on Thursday said they uncovered an email phishing scheme targeting global coronavirus vaccine supply chains.
- The fraudulent emails impersonated a Chinese business executive at a credible cold-chain supply company dating back to September.
- IBM said “the purpose of this campaign may have been to harvest credentials to gain future unauthorized access.”
- IBM said the attacks likely targeted organizations linked to Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance, which is working to supply low- and middle-income economies with an affordable coronavirus vaccine.
– Noah Higgins-Dunn | December 3, 2020