How to save your business from ransomware attacks
Posted March 21, 2021
- The increased attack surface as the network perimeter expands to accommodate the hybrid workplace has opened up more vulnerabilities and opportunities for cybercriminals.
- Paying the ransom does nothing but validate the cybercriminals’ investment into these attacks because there is no way of knowing that the stolen data won’t be silently offered to private buyers.
- Today’s sophisticated attackers can circumvent traditional security controls by using stolen credentials and targeting the Active Directory (basically the identity repository of an organisation).
- Ransomware started as an untargeted, opportunistic and rapid attack. Today, it has evolved to be modular and multifaceted, one that unfolds over extended periods.
- Tabletop exercises that enable a red and blue team to role-play different scenarios and the real-time response to those scenarios is critical for enterprises when dealing with a threat in real time.
– Sarah Rizvi | March 21, 2021