How to deal with the escalating phishing threat
Posted November 4, 2020
- For attackers, it’s almost a no-brainer: phishing is cheap and humans are fallible, even after going through anti-phishing training.
- When something gets through and someone clicks on a malicious URL, defenders must be able to simultaneously block the attack and show the victim what the phisher was attempting to do.
- Most CISOs assume phishing is a corporate email problem and their current line of defense is adequate, but they are wrong.
- “You’ve got to take a comprehensive, multi-layer phishing defense approach outside the firewall, where your biggest user population is working remotely, and inside the firewall for your internal users. You need to protect mobile devices and PC/Mac endpoints, with end-to-end encryption (E2EE) deployed.”
- “You also have to be mindful of corporate users’ personal side as their personal and business lives have converged, and many people use the same devices and same credentials across personal and business accounts.”
– Zeljka Zorj | November 4, 2020