- The challenges dealing with protecting data have been highlighted in a breach involving Hoffman, one of the the largest general contractors headquartered in the Pacific Northwest.
- On December 16, Hoffman “discovered” that an unauthorized individual may have accessed information relating to its self-insured health plan between July 31-August 4, 2020. The breach covered employee names, addresses, dates of birth, Social Security numbers, and benefits information.
- The information was released publicly on February 12, 2021.
- Hoffman has no indication that any information was actually viewed by the unauthorized person, or that it has been misused.
- However, out of caution, Hoffman recommends that its current and former employees, and their beneficiaries and dependents, review any statements that they receive from their healthcare providers or health insurer.
– Dominic Ellis | February 15, 2021