Hackers have leaked the COVID-19 vaccine data they stole in a cyberattack
Posted January 13, 2021
- Hackers have leaked the information they stole about the COVID-19 vaccines as part of a cyberattack targeting the European Union’s medical agency, the organisation has admitted.
- The EMA’s work and the European medicines regulatory network are unaffected by the breach and the approval and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines hasn’t been disrupted.
- A previous update revealed that hackers gained access to the information by breaching one undisclosed IT application – and that the attackers were specifically targeting data related to COVID-19 medicines and vaccines. The investigation into the attack is currently still ongoing.
- Microsoft has also issued a warning that state-sponsored hacking operations have been targeting coronavirus vaccine producers, while the World Health Organisation has also issued warnings over an increase in cyberattacks targetting health.
– Danny Palmer | January 13, 2021