- BigBasket is a popular Indian online grocery delivery service that allows people to shop online for food and deliver it to their homes.
- This morning, a well-known seller of data breaches known as ShinyHunters posted a database for free on a hacker forum that he claims was stolen from BigBasket.
- The passwords are hashed using the SHA1 algorithm, and forum members have claimed to crack 2 million of the listed passwords already. Another member claims that 700k of the customers used the password ‘password’ for their accounts.
- It is strongly suggested that all BigBasket users immediately change their passwords on BigBasket and at any other sites using the same password.
– Lawrence Abrams | April 25, 2021