- The New York-based law firm provides companies with employment verification screening services to determine if employees are eligible and authorized to work in the United States.
- Every company operating in the United States is required to maintain a Form I-9 file on every employee to ensure that they are legally allowed to work and not subject to more restrictive immigration rules.
- Form I-9 files can contain a ton of sensitive information, including government documents like passports, ID cards and driver’s licenses, and other personally identifiable data, making them a target for hackers and identity thieves.
- Companies with more than 500 California residents affected by a breach are required to submit a notice with the state’s attorney general’s office.
– Zack Whittaker | October 26, 2020