- Foxconn electronics giant suffered a ransomware attack at a Mexican facility over the Thanksgiving weekend, where attackers stole unencrypted files before encrypting devices.
- Foxconn is the largest electronics manufacturing company globally, with recorded revenue of $172 billion in 2019 and over 800,000 employees worldwide. Foxconn subsidiaries include Sharp Corporation, Innolux, FIH Mobile, and Belkin.
- In an interview with DoppelPaymer, the ransomware gang confirmed that they attacked Foxconn’s North America facility on November 29th but did not attack the whole company.
- The threat actors are demanding a 1804.0955 BTC ransom, or approximately $34,686,000 at today’s bitcoin prices.
- Ransom note above
– Lawrence Abrams | December 7, 2020