- NTT says hackers gained access to its internal network and stole information on 621 customers from its communications subsidiary, NTT Communications, the largest telecommunications company in Japan, and one of the biggest worldwide.
- The hack took place on May 7, and NTT says it became of the intrusion four days later, on May 11.
- The company is still investigating the breach, which it made public today, but says it plans to notify all customers “when it becomes clear what should be notified.”
- NTT said it’s also in the process of upgrading its IT infrastructure.
– Catalin Cimpanu | May 28, 2020