E-commerce and Data Breaching: The Next Cyberthreat
Posted October 20, 2020
- In the United States alone, more than $586 billion was spent in 2019 online, representing a 14% increase over the year before.
- With COVID-19 currently wreaking havoc on the world, there is increased dependency on the internet. Globally, e-commerce business is expected to reach $4.5 trillion by 2021.
- Cybercriminals launch millions of attacks on e-commerce websites each year.
- These attacks target e-commerce sites in order to get customer personal and financial information in order to steal identities or make unauthorized transactions with their payment information.
– David Lukić | October 20, 2020