Cybersecurity: Victims are spotting cyber attacks much more quickly – but there’s a catch
Posted April 13, 2021
- The amount of time cyber criminals are spending inside compromised networks is dropping. But while that might sound like a positive development, one reason hackers are spending less time inside networks is because of the surge in ransomware attacks.
- One of the key advantages of ransomware attacks for cyber criminals is that they have the potential to make them a lot of money in a relatively short space of time. Once they’ve compromised all the required assets on the network, there’s no point waiting around, so the criminals will execute the ransomware attack as quickly as possible.
- While being able to quickly detect attacks inside the network is better than not detecting them at all, the best way to protect the organisation from cyber threats is to detect or prevent them before they’ve even had a chance to compromise the network.
- To help this, it’s strongly recommended to focus on security fundamentals including vulnerability and patch management, so that cyber attacks can’t take advantage of known vulnerabilities in the networks.
– Danny Palmer | April 13, 2021