Cyber Attack Taps Operations at Molson Coors
Posted March 11, 2021
- When a breach impacts critical infrastructure or a food and beverage manufacturer, it seems to take the seriousness to another level. After all, in either instance, the impact could result in serious injuries or even fatalities.
- This is what made the recent attack on a small Florida city’s water treatment facility so alarming. It is also what makes the “cyber incident” recently acknowledged by Molson Coors a scary occurrence.
- “Given the round-the-clock nature of operations in food and beverage companies, much of the IT equipment in manufacturing plants can’t be patched frequently, making these assets a prime target for attacks such as ransomware…” – Grant Geyer, CPO, Claroty
- While the adult beverage manufacturer has yet to provide many details, a regulatory filing Thursday noted the event has resulted in taking key systems offline, including impacting portions of its production and distribution operations.
– Peter Fretty | March 11, 2021