COVID-19 fuels cyber attacks, exposes gaps in business recovery
Posted July 21, 2020
- The majority of businesses worldwide have seen a jump in cyber attacks as a result of employees working from home, with most reporting an increase in COVID-19 related malware.
- In Singapore, the global pandemic also revealed gaps in organisations’ disaster recovery plans and IT operations.
- Island-hopping was the main cause of breaches in markets such as Italy and the Nordics and web application attacks were most common in Canada.
- In such tactics, attackers target a larger group to indirectly breach a network, such as an organisation’s weaker and less secured community of business partners.
– Eileen Yu | July 21, 2020