Case for Identity and Access Management
Posted November 9, 2020
- On average, five hours every week was spent just managing user passwords, a 25 per cent increase from the results gathered in a similar survey in 2019.
- Not surprisingly many respondents (45 per cent) expressed frustration at the time spent managing passwords. Of greater concern, however, was users forgetting their passwords and using the same password across multiple applications.
- Many businesses use Microsoft Active Directory (AD) to manage their users. It is the single source of truth about who works at a company, the things they need to access and their permission levels.
- Many people use the same password for multiple online services. If one of these is compromised the hackers gain access to, potentially, millions of email address and password combinations that they can use try and gain access to other services, including corporate resources.
- This article appears to be an advertisement for LastPass. My goal was/is to get us thinking about IAM, not necessarily LastPass.
– Tony Kirkby | November 9, 2020