- The American Rescue Plan also includes plans to modernize federal information technology to protect against future cyberattacks.
- “The recent cybersecurity breaches of federal government data systems underscore the importance and urgency of strengthening U.S. cybersecurity capabilities,” says the plan, which will attempt to launch “the most ambitious” to modernize and secure federal IT and network by:
- Expanding and improving the Technology Modernization Fund
- Surging cybersecurity technology and engineering expert hiring
- Building shared, secure services to drive transformational projects
- Improving security monitoring and incident response activities
- The $200 million allocated for hiring experts to support the federal Chief Information Security Officer and U.S. Digital Service could definitely attract new talent into the public sector.
– Maria Henriquez | January 18, 2021