- “Every case involving cybercrime that I’ve been involved in; I’ve never found a master criminal sitting somewhere in Russia or Hong Kong or Beijing. It always ends up that somebody at the company did something they weren’t supposed to do. They read an email; went to a website they weren’t supposed to”. – Frank Abagnale, Catch Me If You Can subject
- Enterprises need to look at their constituents from where this risk emanates:
- Those who use technology
- Those who implement technology
- And finally, those who help secure the technology
- For organizations that have been unfortunate to see their defenses breached need to assess what element of human proclivity was exploited, with an intent not to punish but to educate and improve.
- Cybersecurity is everyone’s problem; depending only on technology or security teams is foolhardy and a sure shot recipe for disaster.
BW CI WORLD – Pankit Desai | January 5, 2021