- Over the weekend, Barnes & Noble customers complained across social media of outages.
- Some customers were unable to access their Nook libraries, their previous purchases had vanished into thin air, others were not able to log in to the firm’s online platform, and connectivity issues between sending or loading new books ran rampant.
- The bookseller partially restored its systems by Tuesday, but it was not until Wednesday that Nook publicly acknowledged customer access and Nook service issues.
- Barnes & Noble has confirmed to customers that cyberattackers caused the service disruption.
– Charlie Osborne | October 15, 2020