- Singapore-based Lazada Group, an e-commerce company owned by Chinese tech giant Alibaba Group Holdings Ltd.
- Lazada confirmed to CNBC that personal data was stolen but claimed the information affected was “more than 18 months out of date.”
- Despite claims that the company does not store credit card numbers and CVV details, Lazada told users to track any “unusual activity or suspicious transactions on your credit cards.”
- Alibaba gained a controlling interest in Lazada in April 2016 for $1 billion. Six months later, in November
– Aditya Raghunath | November 2, 2020