AI Experts Rank Deepfakes and 19 Other AI-Based Crimes By Danger Level
Posted August 9, 2020
- A new report published by University College London aimed to identify the many different ways that AI could potentially assist criminals over the next 15 years.
- The report had 31 different AI experts take 20 different methods of using AI to carry out crimes and rank these methods based on various factors.
- According to the results of the report, Deepfakes posed the greatest threat to law-abiding citizens and society generally, as their potential for exploitation by criminals and terrorists is high.
- The AI experts ranked deepfakes at the top of the list of potential AI threats because deepfakes are difficult to identify and counteract.
– Daniel Nelson | August 9, 2020