3 Ways to Find If Your Phone Number and Email Have Leaked in a Data Breach
Posted May 4, 2021
- Earlier this month, Facebook faced a huge data breach in which data of more than 533 million users from 106 countries had leaked online. This data included phone numbers, Facebook IDs, birthdates, etc. So, if you too are worried about this data breach or any other data breach online, you must want to check whether your data is secure or not.
- Have I Been Pwned?
- Go to ‘https://haveibeenpwned.com/’ on any device or search the website on Google.
- Once the web page like the above screenshot appears, enter your email or phone number in the international format and click on the ‘pwned’ tab next to it.
- The web page will show up a list of how many times your data was leaked.
- Avast Hack Check
- Visit Avast’s Hack Check tool page and enter your email address in the given box.
- Click on ‘Check Now’ and it will show the results if your data have been leaked.
- The News Each Day
- Another tool for checking if your phone number was leaked in the Facebook data breach is a website called The News Each Day. Here, you can input your phone number to find if it was part of the breach.
– Satyendra Pal Singh | May 4, 2021