3 security practices educators should consider adopting
Posted April 5, 2021
- Before the COVID-19 pandemic, much of the conversation around security in postsecondary institutions was focused on physical safety.
- With the transition to remote learning, all of that has shifted. The campus is also no longer the central hub and devices are spread across the homes of students, teachers and administrators – meaning universities have less control over these personal networks, and less in-person oversight into websites and applications being accessed.
- Three security practices educators should consider adopting (or revisiting) in the semester ahead:
- Contain your app sprawl
- Know what security threats exist
- Go back to security basics
– Fred King | April 5, 2021