Qualys Data Breach: Ransomware Gang Leaks Customer Invoices, Tax Documents
Posted March 4, 2021
- Cybersecurity company Qualys appears to have suffered a data breach after hackers exploited a zero-day flaw in its Accellion FTA server.
- The company said on Wednesday that the security incident did not have any “operational impact,” but “unauthorized access” had been obtained to an Accellion FTA server used by the company.
- While Qualys hasn’t yet revealed any further details about the incident, Clop ransomware operators claimed to have stolen data from Qualys and shared screenshots of stolen files on its leak site as proof of the hack. The leaked data includes invoices, purchase orders, tax documents, and scan reports.
- Qualys said it has “notified the limited number of customers impacted by this unauthorized access.”
– Carly Page | March 4, 2021