Election security: Thwarting disinformation and interference in 2020
Posted October 2, 2020
- As troubling as this year has been for people around the world, and Americans in particular, it’s pure gold for the enemy.
- Not only are they preying on our emotions and vulnerability during an especially difficult and unprecedented time, but they’re also working in overdrive on ways to corrupt, undermine and remotely disrupt our daily lives.
- Information operations are nothing new.
- What is new is the weaponization of content in an attempt to achieve the broadest societal impact via online influence operations, leaks and extortion.
- I often use the age-old government mantra “one team, one fight.” It’s never been more prevalent than now in this time of global cyber warfare. We have to unite against the adversary, protect our infrastructure, and be cognizant of who is reporting what we believe online.
– Shawn Henry | October 2, 2020