- While DDoS attacks have been a nuisance for years, the prospect of corporate, e-commerce, healthcare, educational and other services being disrupted at a time when the ongoing global pandemic means more people are reliant on online services than ever could create huge problems.
- But a new threat intelligence report by cybersecurity company Netscout suggests that’s exactly what’s happening, as cyber criminals have launched more DDoS attacks than ever before.
- The reason DDoS attacks are getting more powerful is because they’re getting more complex, using many different types of devices and targeting different parts of the victim’s network.
- Indeed, attackers are learning that the most basic DDoS attacks are becoming less effective, so are dropping them in favour of more powerful campaigns.
– Danny Palmer | September 29, 2020