Data breach at BigBasket hits 20 mn users’ privacy
Posted November 9, 2020
- Online grocer Bigbasket may have suffered a massive data breach following which details of more than 20 million users may have been leaked on the dark web.
- Bigbasket.com, which is run by Innovative Retail Concepts Pvt Ltd, is one of India’s largest online food and grocery store and is valued at $2 billion.
- Bigbasket has a robust information security framework that employs best-in-class resources and technologies to manage information, it said. “We will continue to proactively engage with best-in-class information security experts to strengthen this further,” it said.
- The online retailer has more than 18,000 products and 1,000 brands in its catalogue and services customers in more than 20 cities across India.
– Sharan Poovanna | November 9, 2020