- According to Verizon’s 2018 Data Breach Investigations Report, email is the number one vector used for 92.5% of malware distribution and 96% of phishing attacks.
- Ever since the occurrence of the Covid-19, cybercriminals have been launching phishing email attacks to exploit the pandemic fear for their malicious gain. Within the span of the first four months of 2020, 18 million Covid-19 phishing emails were blocked by Gmail every day. In addition to that, in one week, 240 million Covid-19 spam emails were blocked on a daily basis.
- According to a Threat Report, around 1.5 million new phishing websites are created every month.
- Secure outbound mail flow with email authentication protocols like DMARC, SPF and DKIM. It further protects the email domain against spoofing and other email-based attacks.
– Pavan Kushwaha | November 9, 2020