Are You One COVID-19 Test Away From a Cybersecurity Disaster?
Posted October 21, 2020
- The president of the United States testing positive for COVID-19 reminds us that there is no guarantee any individual will remain virus-free. That’s true in Washington, and it’s equally true for those managing and running the cybersecurity of our organizations.
- Every organization should take the news from Washington as an opportunity to ask the “what-if” question and to carry out a cybersecurity resiliency risk assessment.
- Many companies have chosen to outsource or augment their network and systems monitoring with organizations that bring a team of qualified analysts who can triage security alerts, hunt for threats, and respond as needed on behalf of (or alongside) internal teams.
- Because they work across many companies, these organizations have substantial experience in dealing with the range of current and emerging threats and bring analytic and intelligence capabilities that only the largest companies could afford.
– Alan Brill | October 21, 2020